Thursday, January 15, 2009

Caramel Corn...YUM!

My niece had some caramel corn at my younger dd's basketball practice Saturday, and I was meaning to look up a recipe online. I forgot, though, then this came to me!

I was going to check a blog or two, make sure I didn't have any e-mails and go to bed, because it's FREEZING in here, but I checked one blog, which led to another blog, which led to more and more posts on that and other blogs....

Now it's almost 3am, and I'm still online. I've got several things to post about now, though. : )

I think I'll try some caramel corn tomorrow, for my kids to take to the ball game with them. : )

**EDIT**

I made some for the basketball game...and it was GOOD! I changed it a bit for the second batch and used less popcorn (the recipe called for 15 cups, and I thought 12 or 13 was better because they get coated better...we like ours very sweet).

And remember...if you want to try this but don't have an air popper, you can always pop the corn in the microwave in a paper lunch bag. (Or on the stove top if you don't have a microwave. I remember my mom making pop corn on the stove top when I was a kid, back before microwaves were standard household equiptment. I've never done it, though...I'm a little scared to try. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment