Thursday, February 19, 2009

GREAT Muffin Recipe

This was shared on one of my homeschooling groups a couple weeks ago, and I just got around to trying them this morning. SO good! I added raisins to the second pan (since I can't make a recipe without adding something! lol) and I think when I make them again I'll chop some apples and add to them.

Enjoy!

Grandmas Super Moist Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Ingredients:

1 C oatmeal
1 C buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
1/4 C canola oil
1 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Grandmas Super Moist Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Instructions:

Pour the buttermilk in a large mixing bowl.
Add the oats and stir to be sure all the oats are moistened.
Allow the oats to soak in the buttermilk for 20 minutes.
After the oats have soaked add the eggs, sugar and oil.
In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda
and salt.
Slowly add the dry mixture to the oats and stir just until moistened.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Grease a muffin tin with a non stick cooking spray.
Fill the cups 2/3 full of batter.
Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Makes about 15 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment