Friday, February 6, 2009

Garlic Lime Chicken

I meant to stick this in the crock pot today before DH's eye doctor appointment, but I forgot. : ( I was going to make us some, then blog about it..."I made the most delicious supper today, while I was at the eye doctor's!" lol

Since I *didn't* make supper while at the eye doctor's, though, I'm left with posting it as it is and saying this....."Even though *I* forgot to make this, *you* should try it!"

Honestly, we have had it several times, and it is Delicious!

It was shared on one of the online groups I'm on, when everyone was talking about Christmas presents, She Who Shared the recipe (and graciously allowed me to post it here) says she gives it for Christmas gifts....and I quote..."I give them a jar of the spice mix, plus a box of organic broth and sometimes lime juice in one of those little limes. You could also include a big of rice. (I also include the basic spice mix recipe)"...and I end quote.

GARLIC LIME CHICKEN
**SPICE MIX**
Combine for spice mix:(I usually at least double this)
3 tsp salt
3 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme

**GARLIC LIME CHICKEN**
1 box chicken broth
2 Tbsp butter
3 tbsp lime juice
Spice mix
Place chicken pieces (I use skinless breasts) in crock pot and sprinkle with the seasoning.
Add 1 box of chicken broth, 2 Tbsp butter, and 3tbsp lime juice.
Cook on low until done, serve over rice.
Very peppery, but very good andEASY

No comments:

Post a Comment