Saturday, June 24, 2017

Lentil Fauxsage and Vegan Biscuits

I have no photos because I'm not a fancy food blogger, my camera is broken, and I make food to eat, not to photograph.  Besides it's lentils.  They look like lentils.  Google it.

I will gush a bit, as food bloggers do, though, before I post the recipe.  It was SO GOOD!!!  Tasted just like a sausage biscuit should!

Lentil Fauxsage

1 c. lentils
2 c. water
1 t. coconut oil

1/2 t dried sage
pinch dried rosemary
1/2 t salt
3/4 t coarse ground black pepper
pinch thyme
1/2 t dried parsley
1/4 t turmeric
pinch cloves
1 t red pepper flakes
1/2 t coconut sugar

Mix everything together in a rice cooker and use the brown rice setting.  It came together perfectly!  If you don't have a rice cooker you'll probably need to add another cup of water and cook how ever long lentils need to cook, I think it's 20 minutes or so.  Don't take my word for it, google it.

Boy, you really wouldn't confuse me with a fancy food blogger, would you! ;)

Vegan Biscuits

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 T coconut oil
1/4 of a block of vegetable bullion
water

Preheat the oven to 350*

Pulse the flour, coconut oil, and vegetable bullion in food processor until it's all mixed up.  You really can't tell.  Give it half a minute or so.  It's good enough.
Drizzle in water while it's running until the dough is the consistency you want it.  I like it a bit wet so I can just scoop it out with a spoon and dollop it on the pan.

Scoop the dough out with a spoon and dollop it on the pan.  It made 4 pretty good sized biscuits this morning.

Bake at 350* until browned.  20 minutes or so.  Maybe 30, depending on your oven.  My oven is stupid, so I really don't know, but def. check them after 25 minutes.



Scoop a little of the biscuit out to make a well for the lentils, and enjoy your fauxsage biscuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment