Monday, March 2, 2009

Lentils

I'm experimenting with Lentils today.

I've never cooked any before....my only experience with Lentils is that I remember my grandmother cooking them.

I soaked them overnight, like I do dry beans....I still don't know if that's necessary. : ) I might go read up on them, but I might not. lol

Basically, I've treated them just as regular beans, soaked overnight, plopped in the crockpot this morning with some fresh water and about a teaspoon of salt and a couple sprinkles of black pepper, then I dipped out about 1 1/2 cups and mixed with taco seasoning for refried beans for burritos...Delish! I added a can of black beans, a couple packets of chili seasoning and a can of diced tomatoes with garlic and onions to what was left in the crockpot for chili beans for supper. I haven't tried them yet....I hope they're good! The burritos certainly were!

I think I may like lentils, used in the place of regular dried beans......sometimes. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment