Wednesday, March 11, 2009

03-10-09

Just a quick post, so I don't feel I've abandoned this blog. ; )

I haven't been baking much....I made a sunflower seed crunch recipe, which I was going to share, but I burned it dreadfully, so I can't say much about it's taste or anything. ; )

I made lentil burritos again today...SO good! My DH made some taco salad with the ones which were left, and it was fairly good, too, except that he added a packet of taco seasoning, and, of course, I had already added one, so they were a bit on the salty side.

I guess I could share his way of making taco salad...his dad used to make this for supper sometimes, and I LOVED to eat with them when he did. It's simple, taco-seasoned meat (or lentils), a chopped tomato, a cup or so of chopped/shredded lettuce, a cup of salsa/picante sauce and broken corn chips. Mix it all together, top with shredded cheese and put in the oven for the cheese to melt (if the lentils/meat is cold you can heat it longer, until it's warm, although I've always liked it cold, too).

I mix it in a oven-safe bowl then pop the whole thing in the oven to warm...saves on dishes! lol

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog...I see you have a super cute little Doxie....So cute!

    ReplyDelete